TODO: Write this section in a clearer way.
The central principle in the design of Anoma's protocol architecture is that of locality. For now the term itself will be left without explicit definition, but the sense is closest to that in which physics uses it, except that we are concerned principally with proximity in informational space instead of physical space (where the sense used by physics concerns the relation between the two). Locality takes several forms:
- Temporal locality, i.e. local orderings only
- Informational locality (privacy), i.e. keep information to smallest group by default
- Measurement locality, i.e. rely on local measurements only
- Value locality, i.e. local values may differ
- Name locality, i.e. local names may differ